Based in both the beautiful Upper Hunter and Mudgee wine regions, United Contract Services has a rich heritage in the agriculture sector. Not only offering vineyard harvesting, UCS offer the full scope of vineyard maintenance solutions including fungicide/herbicide spraying, barrel pruning, post knocking and vine trimming, utilising the multi-function capabilities of the Pellenc Optimum 890 and XL60.
We are seeking enthusiastic Harvest Operators for the upcoming season in the Hunter and Mudgee wine regions starting early January to late April, 2024, but a full time vineyard hand position is available immediately.
The Pellenc Optimum XL60 offers a new and unprecedented level of crop yield and cleanliness, totally unmatched by any other harvester available in NSW at present. United own three state of the art French made self-propelled harvesters. Training is provided on our Pellenc machines however successful candidates must be quick learners.
The role will include working flexible hours as seasonally required, including nights and weekends.
• Must be available at least 5 days per week between 1 January – 1 April 2024 which is harvest season;
• Must be experienced in either vineyard harvesting or late model combine header operations;
• Must be a quick learner and adapt to the Pellenc harvester;
• Must have high attention to detail and standards of work, being capable of basic repairs and maintenance;
• Experience in working to deadlines with adaptability to changing priorities;
• It is essential that you are able to work well unsupervised;
• Personable with the ability to communicate well (verbal and written) between the team and external clients;
• Manual car licence is essential, it would be highly advantageous if your licence was up to HC.
****Above award rates and accommodation offered for the person who can fulfil all these requirements. A great team and beautiful surroundings****