Looking after 110Ha of super-premium vineyards in beautiful McLaren Vale, Oliver’s Taranga has much to offer the right candidate. Multi-award winning, Sustainable Winegrowing Australia (SWA) accredited, leaders in working with alternative and traditional varietals and with 180+ years of grape growing experience under our belt, we are looking for someone to help take us to the next level.
The salary package is commensurate with experience and qualifications, including a vehicle and mobile phone. We supply grapes to our own successful wine brand as well as many other small to large wine businesses. The position reports to the business owner.
- Self-motivated to continue learning and to implement best practice premium viticulture.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all aspects of vineyard establishment, operations, improvement and maintenance.
- Management of pruning, canopy manipulation & trellis maintenance.
- Ability to supervise permanent and seasonal workforce.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Operation of tractor/s and respective vineyard machinery.
- Irrigation operation and maintenance as required.
- Pest and disease monitoring and control.
- Current drivers, forklift and chemical users licence.
- Strong planning and communication skills with ability to follow and give out instructions efficiently and professionally.
- Good record keeping skills and proficiency with standard computer software.
- Management of SWA and Grapeweb/chemical diary programmes.
- Work with the winemaking team to meet quality and quantity requirements.
- Understanding of relevant WHS/OHS laws and regulations.
- Current first aid certificate.
- Backhoe/loader/truck licence.
Enquiries: phone Don on 0417 799 039
Applications: by 30th November 2021, complete with cover letter and current CV. Email to email@example.com