Perched on the picturesque banks of the Murray River less than 20km’s from Mildura, Vic, Trentham Estate is a family-owned boutique sized winery offering an impressive riverside restaurant and cellar door and their own vineyards.
The Murphy Vineyards comprise of 45 hectares under vine of various age. The winemaking facility has expanded from its first crush to a boutique sized, state-of-the-art feature handling some 3,000 tonnes of premium varietal fruit each vintage. Trentham Estate supplies both domestic and international wine markets, producing quality varietal wines.
Trentham Estate is looking for an exceptional & ambitious Operations Manager to oversee its wine production, cellar door and restaurant. Reporting to the Managing Director, this role has direct responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the facility including planning and directing operations to ensure priorities and protocols are achieved; while managing people, cost effectiveness, quality, accuracy, and safety to all performance standards and schedule. The role is based near the New South Wales/Victoria border in the Sunraysia district.
The successful applicant will need to work closely with the Managing Director to execute company strategies and structure as determined by the board. The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and directing staff to achieve desired outcomes for Trentham Estate.
Your Key Role Responsibilities will include:
• Ability to lead, manage and coach the employees while continuing to build a cohesive team and develop individual potential within the team members
• Key driver of all Safety policies and procedures for the site. This includes overseeing safety audits, incident investigations, implementation of company-wide safety policies and relevant safety training
• Develop the supervisory staff, establishing key performance indicators, and other measurable metrics to gauge the efficiency
• Ensure Trentham Estate is delivering the best service for all customers (internally & externally)
• Production planning and execution
• Work with the strategic plans to drive the annual production planning processes, forecasts & budgets to achieve targets
• Work closely with maintenance staff to ensure all equipment and systems assigned to the cellar and manufacturing departments are maintained
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
• BSc or higher in Sciences or other appropriate fields such as Business or Business Administration, or equivalent education/work experience
• Minimum 3-5 years in staff management
• Negotiation, business planning & budgeting experience at high level
• Strong leadership skills
• Communication (written, oral, ability to correspond with all levels of organisations)
• Proven history of HR skill set
• High integrity
• Ability to develop people
• Working knowledge of regulations
• Ability to achieve financial targets and a desire to exceed them
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
To request a copy of the position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the following:
• Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
• Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close Tuesday 23 March 2021
Please note only applicants with Australian working rights will be considered for this role.
Trentham Estate is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, relationship status, family or carer responsibilities, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, religion, political opinion, or age.