THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The role is responsible for the production and processing of a wide range of wine and alcoholic beverages along with the training and supervision of a team of Cellar Hands who support production.
This fundamental role is responsible for maintaining adherence to processes which will enhance the quality, safety and efficiency of our beverage production. Primarily working in the team, this role requires excellent time management skills and multitasking, ensuring critical targets have the highest chance of success, managing not only your own time but also those of the team around you.
Forward planning is key to ensuring the team is effectively utilized and we can work harmoniously to achieve a common goal.
THIS ROLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Promote a positive team culture within the production team, leading by example.
- Supervise and interact with Cellar Hands during shift to ensure operations are being undertaken as directed and coach and teach continuously.
- Direct Cellar Hands to undertake tasks outlined in Cellar Work Sheets ensuring tasks are understood and that Cellar Hands have the skills and knowledge to complete as required.
- Communicate back and forward with the winemaking team frequently throughout the shift to ensure targets are achievable and aligned.
- Raise concerns with timelines or targets with the winemaking team or cellar manager as soon as practical to ensure the whole team is aware of what is achievable.
- Communicate with the cellar team in a positive and constructive manner.
OHS & Regulatory Compliance
- Enforce compliance with all OHS and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is safe for use and is adequately maintained.
- Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of staff by following safe systems of work.
- Ensure that Cellar Hands are aware of their workplace OHS responsibilities.
- Inspect the condition and function of equipment and machinery, troubleshooting when required.
- Ensure all required paperwork is filled in correctly and accurately.
- Ensure the work environment is kept hygienic and clean.
- Report any non-conformance to policies and procedures to Winemakers.
YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Minimum of 1 year experience within winery or beverage operations.
or, Minimum 1 year experience supervising a team within a production environment
- Current Forklift License
- A reasonable degree of physical fitness and strength
- A current Victorian driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Organized with excellent time management skills
- Possess a confident manner
- Adaptable and have a positive attitude towards change and continuous improvement
HOURS OF WORK:
IDL is currently seeking full time employees who are available to be rostered between the hours of 0600 - 2200 Monday - Friday.