- Grade 5 level role
- Customer focussed and innovation driven wine company
- Specific Small Batch Premium Winemaking focus
- Great team environment & working culture
- Competitive benefits offering including 26 weeks of paid primary carer parental leave
Australian Vintage Ltd (AVL) is an ASX listed multi award winning Australian wine company with a strong global reach. AVL’s portfolio consists of the McGuigan, Tempus Two, Barossa Valley Wine Company and Nepenthe Brands amongst others.
At AVL we believe in making the world a smaller place through sharing good times.
Championing a fully-integrated wine business model, the breadth of AVL’s capabilities extends to vineyard management, premium winemaking, large scale winemaking, low/no alcohol winemaking, grape juice concentrate production, wine packaging, marketing and distribution.
The Premium Winery is equipped with state of the art small batch Winemaking equipment including open and static air purge fermentation systems, high solids cross-flow, and a temperature and humidity controlled barrel storage facility. Along with a small batch automatic basket press and three tank presses, ensuring wine quality is at the forefront of all decisions and operations. The Premium Winery handles small batch fruit and winemaking from Adelaide Hills, Barossa Valley, Langhorne Creek, Eden Valley and Coonawarra amongst others.
We are proud that our Buronga Hill Winery including the Premium Winery and Merbein Packaging Facility are 100% powered by wind and solar energy. Specifically, 30% coming from solar panels on site at the Buronga Hill winery and the balance coming from offsite wind and solar parks through our partner Flow Power.
About the role:
In this leadership position, the Cellar Coordinator will be responsible for creating a positive cellar culture, encouraging personal growth and development of Premium Winery team members and modelling AVL behaviours and values.
Taking direction from the Premium Winemaking Team and working collaboratively with the Winery Operations Manager, the Cellar Coordinator will ensure the plans and directions of the Winemakers are carried out in a safe and efficient manner in the Premium Winery, while maintaining a high standard of wine quality.
Reporting to the Premium Senior Winemakers (Mildura based) your primary duties will include:
- Provide strong leadership, direction and discipline for all cellar staff and maintain strong cellar presence.
- Provide supervision whilst working closely with and mentoring the Leading Hand(s) to carry out the plans and instructions of the winemaking team in a safe, quality-conscious, and efficient manner as directed by the Premium Winemaking team.
- Allocation of cellar instructions, supervision of cellar staff, and ensuring execution of cellar operations in a timely, efficient, safe and quality-conscious manner, in order to achieve company productivity and quality targets.
- Ensure required information is recorded on all cellar notes at the completion of each job prior to returning to winemaking / production admin.
- Be conscious of water usage within the winery and be proactive in helping the site achieve its Sustainability targets.
- Complete Job Safety Observation sheets according to SOP.
- Carry checks where applicable on cellar notes post completion to ensure jobs are completed, tanks washed, SOP’s have been followed and general cellar hygiene standards are maintained.
- Assist with the ongoing review of and adherence to company cellar procedures as described within the Cellar Procedures Manual.
We are looking for:
- Super/Premium Winery Experience: Previous experience handling premium wine is essential. Studies in winemaking or equivalent is favourable but not essential.
- Expertise in cellar operations: We are looking for someone with previous experience in a similar role who can help drive efficiencies in our premium winery.
- A leader: This person thrives leading and coaching a team. We are looking for someone who is committed to creating a positive culture and delivering high outcomes.
- Excellent Communication skills: We are looking for someone with strong communication skills who has the ability to build positive relationships within our business and work cross functionally.
- Primary carer parental leave offering 26 weeks paid leave
- Secondary carers parental leave offering 4 weeks paid leave
- Mental health and wellbeing training and support
- Annual wine allowance
- Sabbaticals and career breaks
- Continuation of superannuation while on paid and unpaid parental leave
To apply please visit our careers website - http://careers.australianvintage.com.au/
Applications close: May 30th 2022
To learn more about Australian Vintage, please visit our website at http://www.australianvintage.com.au/