San Miguel Yamamura Australasia (SMYA) is an established leader in packaging and contract wine filling in Australia and New Zealand. We started as Cospak Pty Ltd over 40 years ago and today the company is a joint venture between two packaging leaders, San Miguel Corporation of the Philippines and Nihon Yamamura Glass of Japan. SMYA is headquartered in Sydney and is present in all the major states across Australia and in Auckland, New Zealand.
SMYA, a collective packaging specialist is composed of the synergies between:
- Cospak Group (total packaging solutions)
- Vinocor (wine cork and closures)
- Portavin Integrated Wine Services (wine bottling and services)
- Barossa Bottling Services (contract wine bottling & packaging)
- Best Bottlers (contract beverage bottling, packaging & distribution)
- Endeavour Glass (glass bottling manufacturing)
- JMP Holdings (retail packaging, cargo protection & materials handling solutions)
Based at Nuriootpa (South Australia), Barossa Bottling is a contract wine bottling and packaging facility servicing artisan wineries in the Barossa, Eden and Clare Valleys, Adelaide Hills and the Riverland. We specialise in offering a complete wine packaging solution to the premium boutique end of the market. We strive to ensure that we place our customers as our focal point and this helps us to be better at what we do. Key to our thinking is our commitment to ensure our customer’s success.
Your demonstrated background and experience will ensure wine quality/stylistic direction of customer brands and bulk blends while being responsible for producing wines that comply with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and assist in all Cellar & Laboratory activities on a daily basis – including the distribution of Cellar notes and data entry;
- In conjunction with the Scheduler ensure wines are delivered and in customer specification for the required bottling date.
- Ensure Sparkling yeast cultures, ferments, temperatures and timing follow the procedure to meet schedule and customers.
- Lead all tasting and blending decisions (in consultation with the customer) on red, white and Sparkling wines to achieve the quality/style needed;
- Liaise with customers to enable the completion of the Wine Approval Form.
- Develop protocols for alternate beverages.
- Support the Site Manager promote an efficient, effective and best practice/continuous improvement approach to all production activities;
- Responsible for ensuring on-going certification of all Risk Management Systems, including HACCP, BRC and environmental and engendering a culture of continuous improvement in the performance and outcomes;
- Facilitate winemaking trials;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience;
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Winemaking or Food Technology
- Winemaking background essential;
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of red, white and sparkling wine styles;
- Experienced in people management and leadership;
- Driver’s licence and ability to travel domestically;
- Forklift licence ideal but not essential.
If you are looking for a work environment that focusses on employee health and wellbeing, development, having fun, encourages teamwork and collaboration across all levels of the business and provides a challenge then we want to hear from you…IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE!
To be considered for this role, applicants must have permanent legal rights to live and work in Australia without restrictions.
Sound like you? Apply now!