Blackcoat Wines ® is a boutique vineyard and winery located in Ellinbank, West Gippsland around one hour from Melbourne. The high density vineyard has approx six hectares planted out of a planned eight to ten hectares, with a focus on Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. The winery’s third vintage was picked earlier this year.
The vineyard is positioned in the elevated (cooler) north facing foothills of the Strzelecki Ranges. Multiple clones of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc and Riesling have been planted on phylloxera resistant rootstock at a high density of just under 7000 vines per hectare.
The property is 20 hectares in size with sheep/cattle grazing in other areas. A winery has been built onsite containing high quality equipment. A Cellar Door is planned with plans already submitted to local council for approval.
We are looking for a motivated, focused and passionate person to join us in producing wines of the highest quality. This is a great opportunity for a hands-on person to showcase their superior viticultural and winemaking skills at a unique property in an exciting location.
The ideal candidate will have both experience and knowledge in viticulture and winemaking
• Minimum of 5 years previous viticultural experience.
• Be familiar and confident with farming equipment, machinery and irrigation systems.
• Be practical and enthusiastic.
• Have a passion and understanding for organic and biological farming.
• Be able to prioritise and schedule work programs and follow through with attention to detail.
• Organise and supervise contract workers when necessary.
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently or within a team environment.
• Have experience with spreadsheets, record keeping and managing budgets
• Preferably will have relevant tertiary qualifications.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in winemaking operations from harvest through to bottling.
• Technical understanding of all winemaking aspects.
• Clear vision of wine style and connection to vineyard.
• Help create brand awareness with sales and marketing activities.
• A current drivers licence.
• Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
• Be fit and healthy and prepared to work in all weather conditions
• Be flexible and able to work overtime based on seasonal activities
Wage/Salary will be based on successful applicants experience and abilities.