We are looking for a Wine maker who has creative flair to produce wine with personality and the wow factor who will also support marketing and promotion of the wines. This is a great opportunity to join a growing Wine business that specialises in unique and innovative wines. An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Setting wine style parameters and specifications for each product in line with Byrne objectives of quality and cost.
- Trialling and developing new wine styles, and new product development objectives.
- Supervise winemaking activities at contract winemaking sites in the Barossa, ensuring wine quality is maximized, specifications met and complies with appropriate laws where the wine is sold.
- Ensuring wine blending, analysis and style meets order requirements.
- Ensure LIP and wine additives of each wine are within legal parameters.
- Supply tasting notes for all SKUs in the wine range.
- Promotion of wines which may entail social media, travel and customer and consumer engagement.
- Responsible for the management of food safety and quality.
- Assist with the preparation of Wine making budgets and determine resource requirements based on vintage demand forecasts.
- Setting and defining target grape specifications and objectives.
- Assist in planning the grape strategy/harvest schedule prior to Vintage.
- Vineyard fruit assessments prior to vintage.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced winemaker with a track record of premium commercial wine production & excellent palate.
- Willingness to be involved in marketing and promotion of wine
- Vineyard knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of winemaking.
- Good communication skills.
- Out of the box/creative thinker
- Well presented