Quealy Winemakers is an established Mornington Peninsula winery producing various wine styles from the regional classic of Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris to a range of rarer varieties produced using alternative techniques. Quealy has complete control of its own viticulture managing 6 high quality vineyards across the region using our in-house viticulture team.
Quealy Winemakers is a 300t facility, run by a small experienced team looking to employ a Cellar hand who is enthusiastic about wine and keen to fully engage themselves in Vintage 2022. The Quealy vintage will typically begin in late February and run through to late April and even May (we have a lot of late ripening varieties extending our vintage further than the typical Pinot Noir, Gris and Chardonnay harvesting).
The successful applicant(s) will have the opportunity to work across all facets of the winemaking process. Jobs could include crushing, sorting, pressing, additions, plunging, racking, barrel work, fruit analysis, daily ferment analysis, spectrophotometry work (YAN, Glucose/Fructose/Malic etc), general cleaning and having the odd good lunch.
- To be physically fit, reliable and carry a good work ethic
- Able to work well in a team environment or autonomously when necessary
- To have a passion for learning new skills and concepts
- To be aware of personal and other people’s safety
- Understanding of the varying hours of vintage and able to work weekends – please note Quealy does refrain from excessive vintage workloads where possible.
- Previous vintage and/or laboratory experience would be favourable
Please note, if the applicant was keen, we would also likely have work available in the vineyard from mid-January, this is not an expectation.
Remuneration will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications of the successful candidate
To apply in complete confidence please include cover letter and CV with your application to Tom McCarthy at email@example.com
If you wish to enquire further, please do so via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work visa