ROSILY VINEYARD, Yelverton Rd, Wilyabrup
Rosily Vineyard is a small, family-owned, certified organic vineyard and winery based in the heart of Wilyabrup in the Margaret River Wine Region. We are seeking a reliable and hardworking all-rounder to join our small team. The role will be a diverse one, predominantly vineyard based but also including occasional winery, tasting room, warehouse and general property work.
The successful applicant will have – or be keen to learn - the relevant skill-set, be self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and have passion and pride in their work.
This role is an excellent opportunity to be involved in all facets of grape and wine production from pruning to harvest to bottling to tasting the end product, and be part of a small, hard-working production team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting vineyard manager with daily vineyard tasks. This will include: pruning, tractor operations (ie spraying, mowing, hedging etc) wire lifting, canopy management, irrigation, harvesting etc.
- Ensuring all activities comply with organic operating procedures.
- Directing and supervising occasional small teams of casual vineyard employees.
- Assisting winemaker in winery (particularly during vintage) with fruit processing & pressing, general cellar duties & cleaning.
- Assisting as required in the warehouse with packing orders, in the winery with tastings, and with general property maintenance.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Be physically fit and willing to undertake physically demanding tasks.
- Be safety conscious and always work with the safety of all workers and visitors at front of mind.
- Be willing to work outdoors in variable weather conditions.
- Be a team player with strong communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to work alone and unsupervised.
- Have strong work ethic and pride in performance.
- Driver’s Licence and own transport.
- Forklift Licence and experience preferred but not essential.
- Experience operating tractors and tractor attachments preferred but not essential.
- Wine industry experience preferred but not essential.
This a full-time, permanent, 5 day per week role. Flexibility with hours and time of work will be offered (when possible), and expected (when required - ie during vintage).
Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications. Please email CVs and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying but only those shortlisted will be contacted.