We are seeking a Vineyard Manager/Viticulturist who can develop a yearly plan for quality and then execute this plan with high level practical skills. You will be responsible for all things vineyard across a number of different properties, helping to drive quality improvements year on year.
• Executing the range of practical tasks in an annual vineyard cycle such as pruning, fungicide spraying, weed management, canopy management, netting and harvesting.
• Overseeing contract labour where required, promoting safe work practices and respectful working relationships.
• Developing an annual plan for viticulture based on data, with a focus on improving yield and wine quality
• Managing vineyard staff to increase job satisfaction, efficiency and upskilling
• Overseeing new plantings and vineyard establishment
• Managing the annual vineyard budget to maximise return on capital
• Working and liaising with property owners of leased properties to ensure positive, long-term working relationships
• Working closely with the Head winemaker to deliver fruit that meets their quality parameters
• Marketing and promotional activities as required
This role is an exciting opportunity to lead the viticultural program as we develop this great site. If you have a passion for viticulture and fine wine and have significant viticultural experience; then we would love to hear from you. A valid Driver’s License and Australian Residency are mandatory requirements. A highly competitive salary package based on skills and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.