Burge Family Wine Estates Key Account Manager (SA + some national travel)
We have an exciting opportunity to work with a great team of motivated and dedicated people within a well-established and progressive , 6th generation family owned & operated wine company.
Burge Family Wine Estates is a premium, sixth generation, family-owned Barossa wine business, incorporating the premium wine brands of Corryton Burge and Barossa Boy. Whilst the business draws on a rich heritage and history of crafting premium wines, it is also ambitious with a keen eye to grow into the future. For the first time, a rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and results-oriented Key Account Manager (SA) to help realise our growth plans.
About the Role
The responsibilities of the Key Account Manager include but are not limited to:
- Implement and execute domestic sales strategy across the various business channels
- Nurture and build relationships within the National Distributors’ salesforce, and customers
- Ownership and achievement of commercial sales KPI’s including margin and sales mix
- Providing timely financial reporting and analysis of Sales performance
- Commercial awareness and understanding of underlying business drivers
- Responsible for the budgeting and forecasting process across the sales channels
- Execute and monitor the roll out of brand plans, channel strategies and account plans
- Take ownership and accountability for business investment in all sales channels
- Develop and execute strategies for the development of a pipeline of new business
- Liaise with relevant industry and trade bodies where appropriate
- Interpret data to form actionable insights to leverage opportunity with customers
- Translate territory budgets into an operational plan and ensure execution to meet budget
- Plan activities in line with channel expectations allowing flexibility to meet customer needs
- Pro-active, driven, results based performer not afraid to work cross functionally
- A proven background in sales is essential. Wine industry experience highly desirable
- Ability to understand and apply market insights to sales planning
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong long-lasting relationships
- Proven negotiation, financial and commercial business acumen
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and authenticity in all interactions with customers
- Able to work collaboratively in a cohesive and accountable team environment
- Current, clean driving license is essential, as is the right to work in Australia.
If this sounds like you, and you are up for a challenge whilst working for one of the most important and prestigious names in wine, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Salary to be negotiated with the successful candidate and will be commensurate with experience.
For further enquiries and a copy of the Job Description, please contact Duncan MacDonald on email@example.com, or 0434 582313.