Delegat Group is building a leading global Super Premium wine company. As New Zealand’s number one wine exporter, we have state-of-the-art wineries and world class vineyards in the prime grape growing regions of New Zealand and we focus exclusively on making the world’s most sought-after Super Premium Oyster Bay branded wines. We believe deeply that it is our people that bring our plans to life, turn our goals into reality, and truly make the difference.
The foundation of our success is world-class, scientifically led, winemaking practices delivering Super Premium quality wine.
We are seeking a talented Head of Winemaking to lead the technical direction of our passionate winemaking team to deliver the winemaking strategy and style direction. You will contribute to building the company winemaking capability and capacity to enable Delegat to achieve our strategic goal of becoming a Global Super Premium wine company. This role reports to the Group Technical Manager Viticulture & Winemaking.
Fundamental to this role is the ongoing technical development of the oenology depth within the company winemaking team. The role will require deep winemaking science understanding and the ability to convert the science into operational winemaking direction.
As Head of Winemaking you will;
• Have a tertiary qualification in oenology.
• Several years of winemaking experience at a senior level of responsibility.
• Strongly developed system thinking and critical reasoning skills.
• Proven success coaching and mentoring winemakers.
• Ability to clearly communicate complex oenology concepts in plain language.
• Deep understanding of global wine styles and approaches to winemaking.
• You are curious and continuously learn and grow your capabilities.
If you have the courage and credentials to help chart and drive the future of one of New Zealand’s most successful and exciting wine companies, please apply.
Follow this link to apply: https://eoiq.fa.ap1.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/1101/?utm_medium=jobshare