Head Chef – Skillogalee Wines
Award Winning Clare Valley Winery
Overlooking vineyards, natural bushland and picturesque rolling hills, this award-winning historic restaurant, vineyard and winery is located in the picturesque Sevenhill subregion, in the heart of the Clare Valley wine region of South Australia.
This establishment now has an opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join its multi award winning team. Reporting directly into the General Manager and working closely with the management team, the head Chef will be responsible for the end-to-end management of our small but dedicated kitchen team, including the continual development of modern cuisine through menu development, process innovation and employee training and development.
Combining your skills & experience you will work within a dedicated team to ensure the ongoing success of our brand through the following key responsibilities:
- The management of the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and kitchen team.
- Ongoing menu development and recipe innovation.
- Ensure accuracy of recipes and product specifications.
- Establish goals for the kitchen, anticipate and resolve problems and implement profit-orientated and cost saving ideas.
- Ensure consistent production of high-quality food in our award-winning restaurant and function business.
- Training and development of all Kitchen Staff on proper methods of food preparation and handling.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Ensure the highest level of workplace safety is maintained
- Perform all administrative duties such as rostering, ordering, cost control, stock rotation and reporting.
- Manage, train and mentor both qualified and apprentice chefs
Suitable candidates with the following skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Industry relevant qualification(s).
- Previous experience in a high-end restaurant at a similar level is essential.
- Previous experience with function & event catering
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to train, motivate and guide kitchen staff.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and independently.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure.
- Preparedness to collaborate and communicate across all stakeholders is essential
This exciting new role presents an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic & professional team offering a food & wine experience at the highest level.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.