The global phenomenon [yellow tail] ® is produced by the family owned Casella Wines, located in Yenda NSW. [yellow tail]® is the fastest growing imported wine in US market history, and over 2 million glasses of [yellow tail] ® are consumed around the world daily! Casella has grown to become one of Australia’s largest wine processing facilities.
The Grower Services Manager reports to the Wine Supply Manager and will have the primary responsibility for managing all aspects of the relationship between the Winery and Growers. In addition the Manager is expected to ensure the Department is staffed and staff trained to fulfill its role within the Company in a safe working environment.
This will include:
- Maintaining Work Health and Safety Standards pertaining to the Grower Services Department
- Develop and implement grape varietal strategy planning to meet forecast requirements
- Develop and maintain grape quality systems to ensure grower and consumer market realisation for targets set are achieved
- Develop and maintain grower communications
- Prepare information as required by senior management to manage and develop the business
- Develop and foster working relationships with staff members and wine industry stakeholders
- Develop and manage systems to ensure Casella Family Brands complies with its quality, financial and regulatory responsibilities
The skills required in this role include;
- The person will have excellent communication and inter-personal skills required to interact with growers, staff and senior management.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, develop presentations and create document templates. Knowledge of Ezy Wine Systems would be advantageous.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, planning and decision making skills
- Creativity and initiative to think outside the box
- The ability to analyse and report on the grape markets
- Excellent presentation skills
The successful candidate will, be self-motivated and degree qualified in Viticulture or equivalent.
To apply, please visit our website at www.casellafamilybrands.com/careers