Fantastic opportunity for an applicant in the newly created role of Hospitality & Estate Operations Manager to lead the overall hospitality operations of the restaurant, cellar door & short-term accommodation of this well-known, thriving, regional venue!
Skillogalee Winery & Restaurant is located 90 minutes north of Adelaide in the picturesque Sevenhill subregion, part of South Australia’s Clare Valley wine region. Skillogalee is a nationally and internationally acclaimed destination that operates a successful winery, cellar door and restaurant with on-site short-stay accommodation.
Reporting directly to the owners, you will have the opportunity to become a vital member of the team to help take this already renowned hospitality business on the journey to its next stage of growth as a world-class food, wine, and tourism destination.
The successful applicant will receive a highly attractive remuneration package consisting of a generous salary, superannuation, and the possibility of accommodation by negotiation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning, growing, and streamlining all hospitality aspects of the business
- Manage, recruit, train, motivate, and develop the hospitality team
- Promote a positive and efficient team culture, whilst providing exceptional guest experiences
- Review, evaluate and implement best industry standards and practice
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for service, compliance, and safe operation of the venues
- Be responsible for the financial performance of the hospitality operations
- Assist with marketing, social media & advertising campaigns
- Maintain supplier relationships and overall stock management for the hospitality operations
- Interact with distributors, media, and tourism organisations to promote the business
- Opportunity to take responsibility for some of the relationships with our distributors and restaurant partners; some local and interstate travel may be required
- Continue evolving the business into a best-of-class tourism destination
What we’re looking for:
- Strong experience in a similar Hospitality Management role
- Be customer focussed with a passion for providing guests an unforgettable experience
- Knowledge, interest, and passion for all things wine, food & tourism
- Be hands-on, have an attention to detail and work without needing day-to-day direction
- Be proactive to identify ways to improve and expand the business
- Strong leadership, motivation, and people management skills
- Be positive, professional, and trustworthy
- Work collaboratively with the owners and other managers to achieve strategic goals
- Ability to work weekends and public holidays as required, and arrange and participate in on-call night roster supporting our guests in accommodation
- Generous salary + super package on offer!
- Become a valued and vital part of an expanding hospitality business
- Live and work in one of Australia’s best wine regions with a great local community
- Long-term rewarding career
- Experience a work/life balance with a team to support you
- Accommodation to be negotiated
This role represents an outstanding opportunity to join a successful wine business with plenty of potential to make a big impact.