Purpose of the Role
This is a hands-on position, and you will be involved in all facets of daily vineyard maintenance and machinery operations to harvest high production, quality fruit. You will work as Head delivering the operational requirements of the vineyard. You will work in an environment where a strong workplace health and safety culture is embraced.
- Day to day operations of machinery in the vineyard.
- Pruning/Vine training and canopy management.
- Pest, disease and weed management.
- Daily pre start checks of plant and equipment.
- Accurate record keeping of spray applications as required.
- Keeping records up to date in pre-start check books, for all plant and equipment.
- Participate and assist in implementing a culture of safety in the vineyard.
- Follow Work Health and Safety procedures and company policies.
- Undertake other day to day operations of the vineyard as required.
Conduct all workplace tasks with Jeir Creek Vineyards environmental & sustainability commitments front of mind, including ensuring compliance to any relevant environmental laws and compliance obligations.
For this role you will need;
- Cert III in Viticulture or equivalent will be considered favourably.
- Chemical User Permit or willingness to complete. Have experience and knowledge of operating vineyard machinery
- Prior experience working in a vineyard operation is Prefer .Fresher Welcome.
- To enjoy working in the outdoors
- Good communication and time management skills
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Safety awareness