Situated on 40 acres of apples & fruit orchards in the Perth Hills, Core is an exciting 4th generation orchard renowned for quality award winning cider, located just 30 minutes from the Perth CBD.
The venue features an 'orchard to table' restaurant and cellar door experience, large alfresco cider garden overlooking the grounds as well as endless options for formal and casual functions.
With tourism attractions, orchard picking & tours, onsite cider production and a regular calendar of public events, there is truly something for everyone.
Reporting direct to the General Manager, this is an ideal role for someone wanting to make their mark in the cider world!
With full scope to use and showcase your previous cider/wine making experience, you will have full responsibility and ownership of all cider production.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
A proven ability to perform a range of tasks in cider/winemaking with excellent time management.
It is expected that the applicant will have a relevant degree/ diploma in either wine science, brewing or similar qualifications, along with the following;
Relevant Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role or 5 years in a supporting role
- Proven track record in outstanding production systems and quality product
- Superior verbal & written communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement & solutions focus
- FMCG packaging line experience would be highly regarded
- An experience and understanding of Work Health & Safety
- Ability to lead, engage & motivate employees
- Driver's licence & Forklift licence required
- Planning & managing the orchard, inclusive but not limited to varietal fruit assessments, pinpointing the right time to harvest.
- Manage harvest transport, receival & evaluation of fruit at intake in accordance with quality parameters & specifications
- In conjunction with Production Staff, ensure all cider processing is carried out in accordance with highest possible standard.
- Ensuring specifications are maintained to the company’s objective of achieving marketing success.
- Ensure all LIP & AWRI requirements are met
- Manage cider making processes including pressing, clarification, fermentation & filtration.
- Prepare cellar worksheets, logs & other instruction standards to communicate each batch.
- Maintain & update relevant cider/winemaking records & information on share-drive
- General mechanical aptitude & maintenance of the pumps, barrels & temperature control equipment
- Ensure production costs are minimized & industry benchmarked
- A team player who can actively support the Core Cider vision
- A strong work ethic and willingness to go the ‘extra mile’
- A high attention to detail, time management and priority control
- A high level of quality reporting
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong skills in Windows-based applications, especially Excel
Core Cider will provide a wonderful landscape for the successful candidate to work in with a strong focus on life to work balance. The role is an integral part of our growing business and as such we offer an attractive salary package, in line with experience to the successful candidate.
Own transport required with free parking available onsite.
Interested candidates may apply with a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position and a resume to email@example.com.