Cellar Door Sales – Richard Hamilton Wines, McLaren Vale
Leconfield and Richard Hamilton Wines, a long-established family-owned winery producing premium wines in McLaren Vale and Coonawarra, is seeking a well presented and enthusiastic person to join the small team at our picturesque McLaren Vale Cellar Door. Our Tasting Room offers hosted Wine Flights, and we are renowned for our Regional Platters and service. The ideal candidate is personable, friendly, and customer service oriented. A background in retail sales or hospitality is beneficial as well as a sound wine knowledge or passion for the wine industry. The position is on a casual basis, specifically weekends, with occasional weekday shifts available. The role is multi-faceted with some administration duties likely to be requested as part of your role.
Reporting to the Cellar Door Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Greeting all guests promptly and provide knowledgeable, consistent, and courteous Hosted Wine Flights that educate guests on the Hamilton family history, our vineyards and wines, ultimately leading to an engaging visitor experience.
- Capturing new member details by encouraging Centurion Club membership to increase sales and build customer loyalty.
- Perform all daily Cellar Door functions, processing transactions, stocking wine, packing orders and general housekeeping duties, kitchen duties and food preparation as needed.
- Assist with additional Cellar Door events.
- Maintain cleanliness of the cellar door, kitchen, and bathroom areas, following all appropriate food handling and OH&S procedures.
To be successful in your application you must have:
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and professional demeanor
- Effective team player with a positive attitude
- Exceptional customer service skills and attention to detail
- Excellent personal presentation
- Good wine knowledge and a passion to learn
- Comfortable speaking in front of both small and large groups
- Physically fit and capable of lifting cases of wine
- Prior Winery and /or Hospitality or Retail experience is valued
- Current RSA & ideally RP badge
- WSET highly desirable
Please send applications to email@example.com