Peter Drayton Wines on Hermitage Road in Pokolbin is one of the Hunter Valley's must visited venues for great wines, craft beer, ciders and casual food. It is the home of Ironbark Hill Brewhouse, Enzo weddings, and our luxury accommodation. We offer a unique opportunity to work with some of the Hunter valleys best alternate varieties grown on our 16 Ha site.
We are currently seeking a full-time assistant winemaker/cellar hand.
• Support the winery staff with wine making operations
• Work with and understand red, white and fortified wines
• Be able to work as a team to accomplish the goals of the business
• Maintain cleaning and sanitization standards
• Must have excellent problem-solving skills
• Be punctual and work in a timely manner
• Have a desire to grow and learn with opportunities for career progression
Additional requirements may include
• Pruning, shoot and fruit thinning, wire lifting, training of young vines and other seasonal activities
• Assist in hand picking operations
• Forklift operation
• Great taste in music
• Good banter and a passion for drinking great wine and beer
Appropriate tertiary qualifications in wine science or equivalent are desired.
Applicants need to be available and willing to work extended shifts and weekend work during the Vintage period.