We manage eight vineyards over a total of 35 Hectares. The winery vineyard is certified organic with the other seven vineyards all in a transition to organic farming practices.
We grow 95% of our grape requirement, and appreciate that viticulture is the quality and economic driver in our wine business.
We seeking a person with experience in machinery, tractors and the management of vineyard crews.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Viticulturalist your main duties will include:
• Operating and maintaining tractors and equipment.
• Calibrating implements and machinery.
• Organising and supervising vineyard crews with the Viticulturist.
• Regular reporting and communicating to the Viticulturalist.
• Tirelessly and proactively implements Workplace Health & Safety
The successful candidate will have:
• Tractor driving experience.
• A hard working and self-motivating work ethic.
• Flexibility with work hours.
• An ability to work positively with others in a team.
• A high level of experience in the use of vineyard machinery and equipment.
• A practical knowledge of viticulture.
• Leadership skills
• Valid driver licence
• Valid chemical users’ certificate
• Licences or certificates relevant to the industry.
Remuneration: a salary package will be negotiated according to experience and qualifications of the successful candidate
To apply in complete confidence please include cover letter and CV with your application to Kathleen Quealy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to enquire further, please do so via email on email@example.com
All applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work visa