IMPORTANT MESSAGE** Due to CO-VID travel restrictions and the immediate appointment of this role, only Tasmanian based permanent residents will be considered. Please do not apply unless you meet this criteria.
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Accounting & Reconciliation
Recording all the financial transactions of the business in MYOB, spreadsheets and other databases.
Arranging payment of accounts.
Preparing and sending invoices and receipts to debtors.
Carrying out bank reconciliations.
Preparation and submission of the Business Activity Statement (BAS).
Setting up new stock items, creditors and debtors in MYOB.
Reconciling stock on hand and reporting variances.
Checking figures and reporting for accuracy.
Reporting any irregularities in data to management.
Producing balance sheets, income statements and other financial documents.
Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly cashflow reports.
Preparing and submitting the annual Liquor License Return.
Preparing and submitting levy and export returns.
2. HR & Payroll
Processing payroll and maintaining employee records.
Process and pay superannuation, PAYG and payroll tax for the company in accordance with statutory deadlines.
Compliance with end of year payroll processing and ATO requirements.
Maintaining the accuracy and completeness of staff files and other staff records.
3. Office Operations
Maintaining office equipment for the company.
Co-ordinating the filing and archiving of accounting records.
Banking as required.
Securing cash, admin office and other assets.
Ordering and maintaining stationery.
Maintaining operation of company IT and Phone systems.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Accounting Degree
• 5 years equivalent experience
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements specific to the Australian Wine Industry
• Advanced MYOB, Excel and Word
• CPA or equivalent.
• Xero software experience.
• Worked in an Australian wine business in the same capacity.
• Attention to detail and good record-keeping
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize projects to meet tight deadlines
• Effective communicator & listener
• Solve problems in a timely manner
• Effective report writing
• Financial & business acumen
• Maintain confidentiality
• Self-driven, work with minimal supervision