2022 Vintage Winemaker – Oxford Landing Winery
About the Role
Based in Nuriootpa, our Oxford Landing Winery is seeking a qualified and experienced winemaker to monitor and maintain the quality processing of fruit and processed juice in the red and white cellar.
Working collaboratively and cooperatively with the Cellar team you will monitor and manage ferments, make additions and respond to anomalies to meet winemaking standards.
This nightshift role is likely to commence mid-January 2022 and conclude in late March and mid-April respectively, dependent on the season.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Assisting and support the winemakers during vintage, working closely with the appropriate senior winemakers and cellar supervisors.
• Meeting all winemaking standards, specifications and quality parameters.
• Liaising with cellar & laboratory.
• Constant monitoring of production processes, and identification of areas for improvement.
• Recognise anomalous results and initiate rechecks as necessary.
• Carry out the winemaker’s instructions in the cellar to a high standard and in a timely manner.
• Conduct fining trials as required as per instruction of senior winemakers.
A proven ability to perform a range of tasks in winemaking with excellent time management and confidence in staff supervision.
A degree in Oenology and practical winemaking experience across several vintages is preferred.
The ability to work the night shift.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their legal entitlement to work in Australia.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Stuart Hearn Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed].
Applications close Friday 10th September 2021.