|Date Posted||26th Jun 2017|
|Closing Date||31st July 2-17|
Description of Overall Responsibility
Responsible to the Owner/Chief Winemaker for leading and supervising all winery operations, within specified and agreed budgets, and for the production of a range and volume of Skillogalee wines as determined by the owners.
This position will involve extended hours of work during vintage and may involve some intra and/or inter-state travel.
- To manage the production of Skillogalee’s portfolio of wines in the styles and volumes agreed in consultation with management;
- To participate in liaison with vineyard staff, and growers as appropriate, to ensure optimum grape quality and to co-ordinate harvesting and delivery;
- To plan, direct and supervise the work of cellar staff and associated contractors;
- To take the leading role in preparing wines for bottling and to participate in the scheduling of contract bottling schedules and the co-ordination of dry-goods requirements. To attend bottling to oversee quality control;
- To assist as directed with relevant marketing and promotional activities;
- To oversee the further development and implementation of relevant OH&S policies and efficient and safe operating procedures relevant to winery operations;
- To manage the continuing development and maintenance of winery-related records consistent with industry-standard cellar management and the requirements of the Label Integrity Program;
- To monitor stocks of winery consumables and to order as needed;
- To assist with the scheduling of regular maintenance of winery plant and equipment and to bring to management’s attention any significant need for non-budgeted expenditure;
- To ensure that the business complies with State and Federal legislation pertaining to the production of wine and to ensure the wines made are consistent with statutory requirements in their intended markets;
Other relevant and appropriate duties as directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes Required
- Tertiary qualifications in Wine Science, Winemaking or Oenology;
- At least 4 year’s post-qualification experience as an Assistant Winemaker or Winemaker – familiarity with Riesling, in particular, an advantage;
- Able to work under significant pressure, in a small, family business and to accept direction;
- Prepared for a hands-on approach to winemaking;
- Good team player, able to work co-operatively with other staff members and to make a leading contribution in a small team environment;
- Flexible, adaptable and prepared to be multi-skilled;
- Forklift licence in accordance with National Standards for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work 2006.
- Must have Australian permanent residency status.
How to Apply
Full CV with details of qualifications and work experience, together with contact details for persons willing to act as referees, by email to email@example.com or by post to:- General Manager, Skillogalee Wines, Box 87 Sevenhill, Clare SA 5453