Wine Room and Event Manager
|Date Posted||3rd Feb 2017|
Sales & Marketing
Established in 1849 by English migrant and brewer Samuel Smith, Yalumba is one of the most well-respected names in the global wine community. Six generations and 167 years later, Yalumba is now Australia’s oldest family owned winery with a rich and diverse portfolio of globally recognised brands.
Located just an hour from Adelaide, the winery is amongst some of the most picturesque scenery in the world. With the region steeped in heritage and culture, the Barossa is the epitome of a relaxed lifestyle rich in food, wine and good company. With a strong focus on excellence and innovation, Yalumba continues to be a leader in the wine industry.
About the Opportunity
The Wine Room and Event Manager will have strategic and operational control of the Yalumba Wine Room and on-site events in The Barossa, in addition to overseeing our Jansz Wine Room in Tasmania.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager you will be responsible for managing day to day operations ensuring the continued growth and development of our Wine Room and Event business. You will work with the Marketing team to devise and develop engaging, high-calibre events to drive footfall to our Wine Rooms throughout the year.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and coaching to a dedicated team of Wine Room Ambassadors to deliver excellent experiences for all visitors to Yalumba Winery;
- Devising and executing strategies to drive visitation to the Winery including tours, events and on-site experiences;
- Working closely with Marketing on social, digital and D2C initiatives;
- Growing the consumer database;
- Ensuring consumer events and trade visits are executed to the highest standard;
- Full P&L accountability for Wine Room operations.
About the Benefits
This position presents the opportunity to join one of Australia's most prestigious wineries and advance your career in brand, wine room and event management.
For your hard work and dedication, you'll enjoy an attractive remuneration package commensurate with your skills and experience including relocation assistance if required. In addition, you'll enjoy the benefits of working for an organisation that invests in people and training, providing you with all of the tools you need to succeed.
Genuine career progression opportunities are on offer for the right candidate.
This is a rare opportunity for you to progress your career with an Australian Wine industry leader. Click "apply now" for more information!
How to Apply
For more information and to apply - please visit http://applynow.net.au/jobs/86456
- Cellar Door Manager posted 5 days ago.
- Service Technician/Equipment Installer in Wine Industry posted 20 days ago.
- VIC Area Manager - Off Premise posted 6 days ago.
- Winemaker posted 8 days ago.
- Vineyard Manager/Viticulturist Position posted 9 days ago.