Viticulturist / Vineyard Manager
|Location||Red Hill, VIC|
|Date Posted||7th Apr 2017|
|Closing Date||7th May 2017|
Kooyong and Port Phillip Estate is a family owned wine business with a strong commitment and reputation for quality.
– An opportunity to join a dynamic, passionate and professional team at a leading boutique wine producer.
– An opportunity to continue and expand current biological and sustainable farming practices across our ‘estate’ vineyards.
– Idyllic coastal rural lifestyle 1 hour from Melbourne in one of Australia’s premium cool-climate wine regions.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and high-energy candidate to oversee our vineyard team and operations. This challenging opportunity requires an individual who has a strong understanding of the relationship between grape production and wine quality, the technical aspects of cool climate viticulture and sustainable farming methods.
This position represents a rare opportunity to join a dynamic, passionate and professional team at a leading boutique Australian wine producer in one of Australia’s premium cool-climate wine regions.
Our aim is:
– to grow the highest quality fruit;
– to ensure our vineyards are economically and environmentally sustainable; and
– to continue and expand our biological farming practices.
Oversee all vineyard operations and management to ensure all related business goals are achieved. This includes goals relating to grape quality, yield, staff satisfaction and levels of morale, budgets and finance, compliance and adherence to company systems, policies and procedures.
– Vineyard management
– Supervision, productivity and morale
– Management and control
– Purchasing and stock control of viticulture supplies
– Chemical management
– Compliance and administration
Successful applicants must have:
– a degree in Viticulture and/or in a related field;
– a strong understanding of the relationship between grape production and wine quality;
– extensive practical and technical knowledge of viticulture operations (experience in innovation an advantage);
– demonstrated practical, technical and managerial experience within viticulture field;
– a minimum 5 years practical vineyard experience;
– extensive experience with the use and maintenance of modern vineyard plant and equipment;
– strong understanding, skills and experience in the practical application of biological and sustainable farming principles and techniques;
– excellent observational and diagnostic skills (including data collection, problem solving);
– ability to stay up-to-date in evaluating and recommending industry trends, techniques and technologies.
– ability to work independently as well as manage staff to ensure a productive team with a focus on excellence;
– excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
– ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
– excellent oral and written communication skills;
– intermediate MS Excel and MS Word skills;
– current Victorian Drivers Licence; and
– permanent Australian Residency.
How to Apply
To apply, please supply a current comprehensive CV including your full name, address, employment experience, employment history and references to Administration Manager, Jodie Stephens: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
- Irrigation Manager posted 5 days ago.
- Temporary 2017 Sparkling Wine Harvest Cellar Hands - Nyetimber, United Kingdom posted 14 days ago.
- Business Development Manager posted about 10 hours ago.
- Cellar Hand (Permanent, full-time position) posted 6 days ago.
- State Sales Manager - SA posted 7 days ago.