|Location||South Australia, SA|
|Date Posted||22nd Dec 2017|
Skillogalee operates a modern 400 tonne capacity winery, processing fruit from its 55 ha of vineyards. A vacancy exists for a motivated and capable Vintage Cellar-Hand to join the small winemaking team for vintage 2018. A start in early February is anticipated.
The Vintage Cellar-Hand will be responsible to the Winemaker for assisting with winery operations and for the execution of routine cellar tasks.
- To undertake all vintage cellar operations, in accordance with established operating procedures, under the supervision of the Winemaker;
- To operate and maintain cellar plant and machinery as directed;
- To operate the forklift to load and unload trucks, stack and un-stack barrels, to carry out various vintage operations and for other tasks as directed;
- To carry out cleaning tasks as directed;
- To handle and use winery chemicals in accordance with standard operating procedures and with established WH&S guidelines;
- Other relevant and appropriate duties as directed from time to time.
Prior cellar experience is very definitely an advantage and on-the-job training will be given regardless of background. Enthusiasm, reliability and adaptability are essential characteristics, however, and the successful applicant should have a current driving licence and access to their own transport. A current forklift license, in accordance with National Standards for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work 2006, would also be a significant advantage.
Only those with Australian citizenship, permanent residency in Australia or a working visa covering 3-4 months from February 2018 need apply.
Please click on the "APPLY ONLINE" button below
- Cellar Door Sales Assistant posted about 4 hours ago.
- 2018 Vintage Lab/Cellar, Vintage Cellar and Vintage Cellar/ Chef Postions posted 5 days ago.
- Experienced Tractor Driver - Vintage - could lead to full time position posted 6 days ago.
- Vintage Position posted 6 days ago.
- National Business Manager posted 7 days ago.