|Location||Frankland River, WA|
|Date Posted||5th Jul 2017|
Swinney Vineyards – Frankland River
Swinney Vineyards, located in the Frankland River region of the Great Southern wine region, is one of Western Australia’s leading wine grape growers. Owned by the Swinney family, who have farmed in the Frankland River region for four generations, the business consists of three vineyards totaling approximately 160ha (Wilsons Pool, Powderbark Ridge and International Hill) and supplies fruit under contract to many of WA’s leading wine companies as well as national producers and for the Swinney family wine brand. The vineyards are located in close proximity to each other and are planted predominantly to Shiraz (several clones), but also include Cabernet, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer, Chardonnay, Vermentino as well as bush vine plantings of Grenache, Mourvedre and Tempranillo.
This full time position is well suited to an experienced manager who is looking to move to the next level of viticultural challenge and career development within a professional and progressive organization.
The Vineyard Manager’s key responsibilities will include all activities typical of a “hands on” vineyard manager, including:
- Day to day operational planning and implementation
- Quality control in relation to all viticultural matters including fruit production and new vineyard developments
- Direction and supervision of all staff and contractors.
- Budgeting and record keeping
- Liaising with customers, consultants and other stakeholders
- Machinery maintenance, pesticide and fertilizer applications and irrigation.
- Machinery operation and general maintenance.
- Application of herbicides and fungicides.
- Irrigation maintenance and operation.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in managing or supervising cool climate vineyard operations.
- Tertiary qualifications or further studies in the viticulture field
- Well-developed viticultural technical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint along with confidence in operation of computer based irrigation system.
- Well-developed mechanical knowledge
Remuneration will be commensurate with the level of experience of the applicant but will include provision of an attractive salary and annual bonus, accommodation (four bedroom house), car, computer and mobile phone.
How to Apply
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Applications, including details of referees, should be emailed to email@example.com
- Regional Vineyard Manager – Coonawarra, Wrattonbully and Mt Benson posted 16 days ago.