Vineyard and Grounds Person
|Location||South Australia, SA|
|Date Posted||17th May 2017|
A southern Adelaide Hills vineyard made up of 13 ha of close planted (2.45m by 1.5m) vines is seeking a part-time person as a contractor to run day to day aspects of the vineyard and manage the grounds.
The property has the resources for tasks required and outsources pre-pruning, fungiciding and bird netting. Contract crews assist with hand pruning and other tasks.
A viticulturist is contracted to direct work programs and support/resource the incumbent, to whom the successful candidate will report.
- weed spray under-vine
- mow and irrigate house lawns
- assist with harvest and pick up
- mow mid-rows and unplanted areas
- maintain and check irrigation during season
- maintain trees, including tidy up of windfall material
- check posts after harvest and repair replacement ones
- some supervision of hand pick jobs for a number of customers buying small parcels
- some basic scouting for vine health, stages of growth, flower and bunch counts etc.
Ideally, this would suit someone looking for part-time or additional part-time work 2-3 days a week. A self-motivated person with an ABN is ideal. Late autumn and spring options exist for extended (3-4 weeks) time away.
Options also exist for additional contract work such as winter pruning and wire lifting if desired.
There are some projects to be involved in such as such as trellis upgrades, conversion to cane pruning, and replacement plantings.
How to Apply
Email Simon Berry email@example.com