|Date Posted||21st Apr 2017|
|Closing Date||1 May 2017|
Duxton Vineyards are a privately owned company owning a portfolio of vineyards, including two of the largest vineyards in Australia. The vineyard portfolio totals approximately 2000 hectares of vines. Not only does this company supply fruit to most of the large wine companies it also produces wine to be sold locally and to international markets.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an Irrigation Manager within our company. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be primarily responsible for implementing and coordinating the day-to-day activities in relation to irrigation. You will ensure the scheduled irrigation and fertigation programs are completed correctly and on time along with coordination of all irrigation infrastructure servicing, repairs and maintenance.
To be successful in the role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Management of the scheduling of irrigation and fertigation programs.
- Ensure the irrigation system is running efficiently and to design specifications to maximise vine performance.
- Continually observe and monitor growth, soil moisture status, nutrition and soil health.
- Maintain all required irrigation and fertilizer records and ensure they are accurate and up to date.
- Regular monitoring of all irrigation pumps as per programme.
- Ensure pressures in mainline and internal valves, that they are operating according to specification.
- Undertake repairs as required.
- Mixing of fertilisers as required ensuring adequate quantities of the correct mixtures are available at all times.
- Ensure all WH&S regulations are adhered to in storage, loading, cartage and mixing of fertilisers and chlorine.
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
- Post-secondary qualifications in an Agriculture or equivalent discipline or a proven track record of irrigation management on a large scale horticulture operation.
- Mechanical aptitude and high level of computer literacy with control systems and irrigation management software.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the growth habits of grape vine varieties with the ability to respond to seasonal conditions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with the highest WH&S and Food Safety standards and a commitment to maintain and improving safe work practices.
- Experience in staff management.
- Self-starter and motivated, with the ability to work to deadlines.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate based on experience and qualifications. Accommodation on farm is provided for this position. If you believe you meet the above criteria and want to be a part of an expanding horticultural team apply now.
How to Apply
Please email your application to email@example.com before COB Monday 1 May 2017.
- Temporary 2017 Sparkling Wine Harvest Cellar Hands - Nyetimber, United Kingdom posted 14 days ago.
- Business Development Manager posted about 10 hours ago.
- Cellar Hand (Permanent, full-time position) posted 6 days ago.
- State Sales Manager - SA posted 7 days ago.
- Viticulturist / Vineyard Manager posted 19 days ago.