Chief Winemaker / Manager
|Location||Frankland River, WA|
|Date Posted||8th Aug 2017|
|Closing Date||3rd September 2017|
Ferngrove, Frankland River, Western Australia
Ferngrove Wines is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and energetic Chief Winemaker / Manager for its extensive vineyards and winery in Western Australia’s Frankland River.
With scope to commute from the picturesque town of Albany/Mt Barker with a furnished house on the winery site, this is an exciting career opportunity for an enthusiastic, positive winemaker to steer Ferngrove through the next stage of its development and lay some new foundations for the Ferngrove brand.
Founded in 1998, Ferngrove Wines chose Frankland River for its favourable viticultural location 90 kilometres from the coast. The Ferngrove valleys and slopes have the rare combination of rugged, classically West Australian ancient soils and the cooling influence of the converging Southern and Indian Oceans. Vindication of the site is evidenced by over 700 medals in the most respected Australian and International wine shows over that period. Situated in the Great Southern region of Western Australia, the dependable cool climate, gravelly soils and pioneering spirit creates a remarkable site to make great wine.
The ideal candidate will have…
- A degree in Oenology or equivalent
- A passion for and understanding of fine wine
- At least five years of winemaking experience in medium or large winery
- Previous experience with quality management systems
- A good understanding of winery management software
- Proven organisational skills and an ability to prioritise workload
- Strong leadership and ability to motivate a team of individuals
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Understanding of working in remote, wine regions.
Compensation & Benefits
A generous remuneration package, commensurate with the nature of the role and calibre of the successful candidate will be provided, including base salary, superannuation, family home, relocation expenses and a generous wine allowance.
Furthermore, if necessary, arrangements can be made for provision of a family home in Albany/Mt Barker from which to commute and use of a smaller furnished house on the winery site.
How to Apply
Wine Network Consulting are recruiting for this position on behalf of Ferngrove Wines
Visit our website at www.winenet.com.au for further information and instructions on applying.
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER posted 1 day ago.
- Premium Wine Distributor/Sales Guns - South Australia posted 3 days ago.
- Vineyard Supervisor (Full-time) posted 3 days ago.
- Wine Buyer posted 3 days ago.
- Winemaker posted 4 days ago.