Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
|Date Posted||10th Nov 2017|
A rare opportunity to be the face of one of the world’s finest wine growing regions as CEO of the Yarra Valley Wine Growers Association (YVWGA). You will drive the profile of the region and its wineries assisting trade and member satisfaction.
- Work with leading wineries and brands
- Diverse and exciting responsibilities
- Opportunity to make a mark
Reporting to the President of YVWGA, you will work closely with the Committee of Management to create and carry out strategic plans and policies. This includes working with various subcommittees covering Finance, Marketing, Technical and Membership to maximise the commercial opportunities to the region.
Ideally, the CEO will have a proven and demonstrated ability to drive membership, profile and success of the region through effective marketing, tourism and lobbying activities. You will also possess highly developed communication skills with the ability to interact successfully with varied stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Developing and implementing strategic, marketing and financial policies and plans
- Developing goals and measuring performance against agreed targets
- Facilitating marketing & trade opportunities both domestically and internationally
- Managing a small administration team
- Liaising with members, media, the public, government, partner organisations and other stakeholders
- Managing Scion Me Up (SMU), a bench grafting business wholly owned and operated by the YVWGA
- Representing YVWGA with Wine Victoria, Wine Australia, Agriculture Victoria and AWRI.