Cellar Hand (Permanent, full-time position)
|Date Posted||20th Apr 2017|
|Closing Date||12th May 2017|
Description of Overall Responsibility
Responsible to the Winemaker for assisting with winery operations and for the execution of all routine cellar tasks. This position may involve extended hours of work during vintage.
- To undertake cellar operations, in accordance with established operating procedures, under the supervision of the Winemaker;
- To operate and maintain cellar plant and machinery as directed;
- To operate the forklift to load and unload trucks, stack and un-stack barrels, to carry out various vintage operations and for other tasks as directed;
- To carry out cleaning tasks as directed;
- To handle and use winery chemicals in accordance with standard operating procedures and within established WH&S guidelines;
- To assist as appropriate with maintenance and expansion of winery facilities;
- Other relevant and appropriate duties as directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes Required
- Experience and/or qualifications in cellar operations essential.
- Must have current and full rights to residency in Australia;
- Able to work under significant pressure and to accept direction by senior staff;
- Good team player able to work co-operatively with other staff members and to make a contribution in a small team environment;
- Able to be self-motivated and to work independently as required;
- Flexible, adaptable and prepared to be multi-skilled;
- Forklift license, in accordance with National Standards for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work 2006, would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Covering letter of application plus full CV with details of qualifications, certificates and relevant experience together with contact details of persons who can provide references, to be posted or emailed to the following contact addresses :-
Box 87 Sevenhill email@example.com
Clare SA 5453
Alternatively click on the "Apply Online" button below.
- Irrigation Manager posted 5 days ago.
- Temporary 2017 Sparkling Wine Harvest Cellar Hands - Nyetimber, United Kingdom posted 14 days ago.
- Business Development Manager posted about 10 hours ago.
- State Sales Manager - SA posted 7 days ago.
- Viticulturist / Vineyard Manager posted 19 days ago.