|Date Posted||10th Mar 2017|
|Closing Date||COB 31 March 2017|
The Wine Grape Council of SA (WGCSA) is the peak body for South Australian grapegrowers. The council provides a single united voice for grapegrowers on commercial, agri-business, technical, viticultural and environmental matters in industry, government and other forums. It develops policies and strategies and funds programs to ensure that viticulture remains an economically sustainable industry and that the interests of grapegrowers are strongly represented in SA and nationally.
The Wine Grape Council of SA is seeking a Business Manager to oversee its primary objectives, in particular leadership and strategic planning, developing partnerships, financial acumen, major projects, member engagement, stakeholder management and customer service, and providing advice to the Council.
In more detail -
Leadership and strategic planning
- Provide strategic leadership and advice
- Work closely with Council to ensure strategic plans are prepared and implemented;
- Effectively communicate the Council vision and strategy to all key stakeholders;
- Ensure Annual Business Plans are completed and communicated effectively;
- Ensure a positive, consultative and productive relationships with industry groups, levy payers and government.
- As a public Officer, exercise due diligence to ensure Council complies with all its obligations under the Work, Health & Safety Act 2012 and associated legislation;
- Ensure contemporary performance management procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Provide input to Commonwealth, State or Local Government initiatives affecting wine grape growers and liaise with relevant government authorities
- Understand the financial circumstances of grape growing and develop systems to assist growers improve their profitability
- Ensure financial plans for the Council are prepared, monitored and controlled;
- Complete the annual budgeting process in close consultation with Council
- Ensure Council is provided with timely and accurate financial reports to aid key decision making;
- Ensure the efficient and effective management and monitoring of the Council’s operating revenue and expenditure and fulfilling levy requirements.
- Proactively champion and develop a strong customer service focus for the organisation;
- Ensure major projects are completed in line with time and budgetary constraints and project status regularly monitored and communicated;
- Improve performance of the Council by proactively embracing best practice and continuous improvement initiatives.
Member engagement, stakeholder management and customer service
- Establish and maintaining quality relationships with industry levy payers and other stakeholders;
- Liaise with industry organisations, business groups, regional interests and as necessary for the achievement of Council’s objectives;
- Ensure positive relationships are established with appropriate media and respond to or initiate media interaction
- Ensure stakeholder consultation programs are conducted, analysed and incorporated in the strategic planning process;
- Represent the Council at appropriate events to maintain and if necessary enhance the Council’s public profile within the community and amongst stakeholders;
- Ensure Council activities and initiatives are appropriately promoted and communicated;
- Address public meetings in an effective manner.
Advice to and relationship with Council
- Develop and maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with Councillors;
- Ensure that the Council’s statutory and governance obligations are met in a timely and effective manner;
- Ensure that effective communication and working relationships exist between the levy payers and the administration of WGCSA.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have extensive experience in the grape and wine industry, stakeholder liaison and the management of a service organisation.
It would be ideal that he or she met the following personal qualities criteria as well:
- Vision combined with strategic thinking and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Capacity to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and maintain positive relationships
- High levels of strategic, political and commercial acumen;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Ability to chair and manage meetings;
- A self starter and highly motivated with the ability to show initiative and an innovative approach;
- Personal honesty, good humour and a strong work ethic;
- Preparedness to be hands on as required;
- A professional outlook and presentation style;
- The intelligence, industry experience and wisdom to assess options and advise Council
Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline are also highly desirable.
How to Apply
In your application please provide a short statement outlining your experience relevant to addressing the job and person specifications above, and a CV.
Forward applications to - email@example.com.
Any enquiries, contact Chair - Heather Webster, ph. 0401 715 895.
- Office Administration / Sales Support / Cellar Door Assistance posted about 16 hours ago.
- Sales Coordinator / Support / Cellar Door Management posted about 16 hours ago.
- Vineyard & Property Manager posted 5 days ago.
- DISTRIBUTORS FOR WOODY NOOK WINES IN SYDNEY, ADELAIDE & DARWIN posted 6 days ago.
- CELLARHAND posted 7 days ago.