Assistant Winemaker - RedHeads Wine
|Date Posted||15th Nov 2017|
RedHeads Wines is offering an exciting opportunity for a qualified, experienced and ambitious assistant winemaker to join our growing team. RedHeads Wines are a producer of premium South Australian wines. The position will be based at our winery in the Barossa Valley where we are proudly known to create wines with personality, which are made to be enjoyed. At RedHeads we are fortunate enough to work with fruit from McLaren Vale, Clare Valley, Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills.
The Assistant Winemaker will report to the wine making team and will have input on all production facets. The applicant must have a great work ethic, be self motivated and reliable. This role is suited for an applicant who is passionate about wine and is eager to grow within the RedHeads brand and vision. The successful applicant will need to posses the job requirements listed below.
- Excellent communication and organization skills and ability to work within a small team.
- Be actively involved and have a “hands on” approach in all winemaking processes (particularly small-batch winemaking, general cellar, barrel and lab work).
- Ensure cellar operations and routines are recorded, completed and updated in a timely manor
- Have the ability to work flexible hours during vintage including working with and overseeing vintage casual staff
- Must be able to maintain winery cleanliness and hygiene
- Have an understanding of winery waste water, EPA and OH&S compliance and maintenance
- Be able to conduct wine show sample prep
- Be able to host tasting for clients in the winery and cellar door
- Must have a valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work visa.
EMPLOYER CONTACT INFORMATION
- Applications cut off Thursday 30th November
- Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter by clicking on the "APPLY ONLINE" tab below