Assistant vintage winemaker
|Date Posted||30th Nov 2017|
Katnook sits in the heartland of South Australia’s Coonawarra wine district, just north of Penola and roughly half way between Melbourne and Adelaide.
Following the untimely passing of our Senior Winemaker Wayne Stehbens, Katnook Estate has appointed Greg Clayfield as interim winemaker until a new appointment is made next May/June.
Katnook Estate is seeking a vintage winemaker for harvest 2018 to assist Greg.
Period of appointment is negotiable, preferably early Feb to end June 2018.
Winemaking qualification preferred and experience is essential.
Key Responsibilities include
- Oversee cellar schedules and programs, including staff supervision and training
- Provide leadership, technical direction and support for winery staff
- Excellent communication and organization skills and ability to work within a small team.
- The ability to work extended hours of shift work.
- A current Australian driving license, a forklift licence will be an advantage
- Must have current appropriate Visas to work in Australia.
- Experience in operating cellar equipment and basic laboratory analysis
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email at