Claymore Wines located in the beautiful Clare Valley is seeking an experienced winemaker to join our dynamic boutique wine enterprise. We are seeking a person who has a passion for making premium wines and will be able to develop and strategise work plans and programs in response to business production requirements.
Reporting to our General Manager, the winemaker will be accountable for production of wine for the brand utilising our onsite Barrel Shed as well as various off-site processing areas. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and efficiently run workplace, driving continuous improvement and ensuring regulatory compliance and quality standards are met.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Day to Day production planning
- Ensuring all required data is kept up to date and maintained in Vintrace (inventory system)
- Adherence to specific product styles
- Vintage management in conjunction with our Vineyard Manager including grower contracts and wine grape sourcing
- Storage and ullage management
- Oak selection and management
- Sourcing additional fruit supply if required
- Other general winemaking duties as required such as racking, cleaning, barrel work, transfers, filtrations etc.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in wineries; Oenology qualification preferred but not essential for the right applicant.
- Forklift licence
- Drivers licence
- Strong administration and computer literacy skills in Windows based applications such as excel; desirable to also have experience with Vintrace or other inventory-related system.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to represent the brand at tastings and events.
- Must have an Australian citizenship/permanent residency or full rights to work and live in Australia without restriction.
- Suited to physical work and will be prepared to work flexible hours as well as long hours over the vintage period
The position will commence as soon as the applicant is available – this is an exciting opportunity to progress your industry knowledge and experience in a multi-faceted role with potential to grow over time.
The position is a full time position. Remuneration package offered based on applicant’s experience.
Applications close Monday 23rd September 2019
Please note that we will only contact shortlisted candidates