This wine company was established in 1998 in the Canberra region.
Their vineyard is planted with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Merlot, Shiraz and Viognier grapes. Their unique winery with the spectacular building perfectly accommodates the flow of the wine making process from crushing to fermentation to barrel storage and finally, to cellar operations. We are looking to recruit an experienced permanent winemaker to join their business.
- Monitoring the maturity of grapes to ensure quality and determine the correct time for harvest
- Monitor the crushing and pressing of grapes, clarification of juice, fermentation and filtration of wine
- Liaise with and support cellar staff
- Monitoring the storage and maturation of wine
- Coordinate and control the production of wine to ensure volume and quality are met
- Making sure quality is maintained when wine is bottled
- Involved in strategic planning of site wine-making
- Providing leadership and technical direction to the wine making team
- Participate in promotional and public relations functions, tastings and educational sessions.
• A degree in wine making/Oenology is essential
• Strong technical wine making skills
• Capacity to grow with business and expand production to meet future needs
• Strong personal brand
• Previous brand growth and promotion
• Good leadership skills and collaborative approach
• Can-do attitude and a sense of urgency
• A track record of making quality wines.
• A sound understanding of viticulture.
• Experience managing a wine making and cellar team
Please apply online with a copy of your current CV and Covering Letter outlining your suitability to the role in relation to the job requirements.
For further information contact Richard Broughton, Executive Search Specialist, Wine Industry,
Tel: 02 9223 9944 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.