About the Association
The Clare Valley is one of Australia’s oldest wine regions with a history dating back to the early 1840s. The Clare Valley Wine & Grape Association (CVWGA) was formed on 1 July 2018, following the merger of wine and grower associations. The CVWGA is funded by a mix of producer levies and government grants. It has three objectives:
- Promote, enhance and protect the Clare Valley region, its brand, wine and viticulture.
- Improve the profitability of Clare Valley wine and grape businesses.
- Engage with other regional, state and national organisations, including governments, where it serves the direct objects of the Association.
About the role - Project Coordination
The Wine Tourism Project contract role will develop an international tourism program.
The contractor will be responsible for developing a series of sub programs that are designed to enhance the Clare Valley wine industry, with a focus on increasing the region’s profile and creating opportunities in markets including China and the USA.
- Work proactively with CVWGA members to develop high-value commissionable wine-tourism products (i.e. nature-based travel, activity-based adventure, or culinary and wine tourism experiences);
- Raise the international profile of existing wine-tourism products (such as the Langton’s Clare Valley Regional Wine Show and sommelier exchange program); and
- Develop the Clare Valley’s ‘China-ready’ visitor positioning through creating on-line multi-lingual content and a ‘Clare Valley Wine Exchange’ audio visual product.
- Monitoring and evaluation and reporting including milestone and KPI reporting with funding bodies.
The role will be offered for an initial contract period of 12 months, with the possibility of an extension on a full or part-time basis beyond this period, subject to available funding.
The position requires some autonomy, a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Negotiation skills are imperative to the role, including the ability to prioritise activities ensuring successful delivery of initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position please send through a current CV and Covering letter addressing the selection criteria to:
Clare Valley Wine & Grape Association
PO Box 211, Clare SA 5453
Or email to email@example.com
If you would like more information on this role please contact Tania Matz, on +61 427168109