McWilliam’s Wines Group has been at the centre of Australian family winemaking industry since 1877 and is still privately owned and operated. With a pioneering spirit which has driven innovation and a relentless focus on quality we expect excellence in everything we do and focus on delivering exceptional service to our customers, respecting our communities and working collaboratively with our colleagues.
Operating in key global markets and nationally in Australia we craft, produce and market the multi awarded McWilliam’s, Mt.Pleasant and Barwang wine brands as well as proudly distributing Champagne Taittinger, Henkell, Mateus, Framingham, Evans & Tate and Coombe Farm in the domestic marketplace.
- Young, NSW based role
- Onsite Accommodation Available
- Full Time role
- Great 'One Team' Culture
An amazing opportunity has presented for an experienced Vineyard Manager to take on this dynamic role responsible for management and production at our Barwang Vineyard; responsibilities include vineyard nutrition, pest management, irrigation, plant and equipment management. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining operational budgets for the vineyard as well as working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure fruit is of optimum quality.
- To ensure the cost effective and profitable production of grapes at Barwang Vineyard in accordance with standards determined by the company.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Barwang Vineyard team to perform all related activities across the operation to ensure agreed business objectives, profitability, asset management and customer requirements are achieved.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- 3+ years in an assistant manager/manager role in a vineyard in a premium winegrowing region
- Tertiary qualifications in Viticulture
- Proven financial acumen and experience in developing business relationships
- Outstanding leadership skills with proven experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Solid understanding of WH&S requirements
- Knowledge of machinery, basic mechanics, spray programmes, irrigation and harvesting
- Knowledge of operation and technicalities of vineyard equipment.
- Proficient with suite of Microsoft products - including Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, etc.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted