Our French-inspired boutique Hunter winery and cellar door is set amongst Provencal gardens, urns, and fountains with the Wollombi Brook and Brokenback Range providing a spectacular backdrop. Not only are our wines certified biodynamic, but every aspect of our Hunter Valley vineyard and farm is also managed in a biodynamic, organic, holistic, and sustainable way which is evident in the individuality and superior quality of the wines.
Krinklewood will offer you an enviable workplace and lifestyle. At Krinklewood, our people are our most valuable asset and we all share a passion for organic farming and winemaking.
This position is a hands-on role focussing on organic vineyard and farm operations, maintenance and operational logistics on a day to day basis across a diverse organic farming property. Reporting directly to the Vineyard Manager.
As a member of the vineyard team your responsibilities will include:
- Carry out vineyard and farm operations efficiently and effectively as instructed and in accordance with the Company's organic program;
- Apply all organic vineyard management programs including pest, weed and disease monitoring and control, canopy management, trellis maintenance, irrigation management and maintenance, nutritional management, pruning regimes, yield optimisation and estimation, harvest, vine training regimes;
- Operate vineyard, farm and garden machinery - tractors, multi-tool equipment;
- Assist with the coordination of maintenance of all vineyard and associated plant and equipment;
- To be able to carry out physical work in an outdoors environment;
- An interest in organic farming;
- Assistance with annual pruning, foliage management and harvest;
- Participate in workplace consultation as required to ensure best practice compliance.
- Career growth on offer – assistant management???
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
- Vineyard experience including excellent tractor operation and maintenance skills;
- To be able to follow directions and follow through with an attention to detail
- To be able to work both independently and within a small team environment;
- Be able to maintain and operate all plant and machinery in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Farm fencing experience will be highly regarded.
- Ideally, you will have experience in the agriculture and viticulture industries.
- A current driver’s license is a requirement.
- Chemical User Permit or willingness to complete
- You are self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable with excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to learn, adapt and train staff in all aspects of vineyard and farm operations with a can-do attitude.
- Previous farming experience ideally in row crops would be well regarded.
- Have an outstanding work ethic and when required be prepared to operate with flexibility during peak periods.