- Autonomous Senior Winemaking Position
- Margaret River Locality
- Long established family business
Tate Wine is owned by the Tate family (proprietors of Miles from Nowhere and Franklin Tate Estates), it is located in the heart of the Margaret River wine region in Western Australia.
They have contributed to the establishment of the acclaimed Margaret River viticulture and collected countless winemaking accolades, with a focus on producing premium quality wines proudly representing our great region.
An unique opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Winemaker to join the award-winning Tate Wine team, and work with some of WA’s premier vineyards and wineries.
This is a full-time permanent senior position, reporting to the Director of Winemaking. The successful applicant will be an experienced and driven Winemaker, with the commitment to making wines of the highest quality, and the drive to work in autonomy and in a dynamic team.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Integral part of the wine making team, tasting and blending committees, with a focus on wine aging, blending, bottle-ready wines and production logistics.
- Responsible for interstate and international wine sourcing, logistics, negotiations, and production. Oversees the preparation of samples and blends as required by various clients of the Tate Wine portfolio. Maintain clients and supplier relationships.
- Leads the wine bottling preparations, trials, sign-offs and post bottling quality checks. Maintain relationships with bottlers and logistic providers.
- Leads and organizes the Production and Compliance team
- Part of the vintage winemaking team
- Opportunity to participate in Naked Wines winemaker program
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong understanding and hands-on approach to the wine making process and techniques, with a focus on wine aging, blending and finishing, production, packaging lines and equipment, transport and logistics.
- Confident and strong negotiation and communication skills
- Highly organized
- Experience in commercial wine production. QA, SOP and/or ISO experience a plus.
- Bachelor of Science/ Applied Science (oenology, wine science, wet chemistry, packaging technology or related)
- 5+ years of experience in related or similar role.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Agile self-starter, pro-active problem-solver able to work in a small motivated team and lead reporting colleagues.
An attractive remuneration package, with option for relocation, will be offered to the successful applicant, commensurate with experience and commitment.
This position also offers some work arrangement/ hours flexibility.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship, Permanent Residence, or existing long-term working visa to be able to legally work in Australia.
Please forward a letter of application, resume, and any other relevant documentation via email to email@example.com before 5pm on Friday August 12th, 2022