Hewitson Winery is situated in the heart of the Barossa Valley on the historic Seppeltsfield Road and boasts some of the oldest vines in the world. Hewitson is recognised for its traditional making of exceptional quality wines and commitment to environmental sustainability.
A career defining opportunity, we are seeking an innovative, results-driven individual to nurture our business and expand with the role. With career progression opportunities, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in driving DTC sales and shaping the long-term path for our company.
RETAIL MANAGER (Including Cellar Door, Accommodation & Experiences)
Restored from the original 160 year-old homestead on the Estate, Hewitson has been architecturally designed into three boutique, guest suites and a cellar door with unparalleled vineyard views. Reporting directly to our managing director, we are seeking a highly motivated, organised and engaging DTC Manager with strong attention to detail, outstanding customer service and a genuine passion for wine. The ideal candidate is an innate storyteller and advocate for environmental sustainability, with autonomy to curate and promote cellar door, accommodation and experience offerings.
The DTC MANAGER will be responsible for:
• Ensuring all accommodation and cellar door guests experience exceptional customer service
• Conducting wine tastings, offering in-depth brand knowledge and sharing the Hewitson story
• Co-ordinating wine sales deliveries
• Managing accommodation enquiries and reservations
• Liaising with contractors to ensure top quality cleanliness and maintenance of accommodation facilities
• Delivering unique winery experiences, hosting trade and customers tours and when require the execution of functions
• Liaising with our marketing consultant to assist in promoting our cellar door and accommodation offerings
• Cultivate lasting connections with our guests and continue to build brand loyalty
• Promoting and managing wine club memberships
• Demonstrate passion and knowledge for crafting exceptional wine tasting experiences
• Developing strategies to build the Wine Club, mailing list, cellar door visitation and direct to consumer sales
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
• Proven cellar door/venue management experience
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to engage with guests as a brand ambassador
• Ability to communicate with the winemaking team is imperative
• Strong administration skills and attention to detail
• Self initiative, the confidence to work autonomously and hands-on when required
• Financial and business acumen
• Proven experience in direct-to-consumer (DTC) management, including wine club
• A demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for curating and managing guest experiences
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
• WSET Level 2 or similar wine-related qualification will be highly regarded
• Current driver’s license and RSA
The successful candidate will receive a base salary plus bonuses for competitive on target earnings that reward performance, generous product allowance and supplementary training as required to support and build professional growth.
If you wish to be an integral part of a wine business with mature and first-class assets, have the drive to make a difference, seek long term career progression and are passionate about wine, we invite you to apply. Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.