Australian Vintage Limited (AVL) is a fully integrated wine business with a footprint in over 40 countries globally. We pride ourselves on producing internationally awarded quality wines across a diverse portfolio of brands including McGuigan, Tempus Two and Nepenthe.
- Leading ASX listed multi-award winning Australian wine company.
- Located at Buronga Hill Winery, New South Wales.
- Attractive remuneration package and wine allowance.
Buronga Hill Winery is the third largest winery in Australia and is one of the most technologically advanced wineries in the country. Based at Buronga, New South Wales, a 10 minute drive from Mildura, Victoria; the Laboratory Manager reports to the Senior Winemakers and is responsible for the daily management of the winery laboratory and for leading laboratory staff (working year-round shift work as well as 24x7 during vintage) to deliver technical services and product analysis to meet wine making, production and quality needs.
Your primary duties will include:
- driving a culture of high performance and continuous improvement to ensure laboratory operations and technical service delivery is compliant with Food Safety and Laboratory Quality systems;
- applying industry research relevant to laboratory operations and product analysis to increase quality standards;
- leading a team of laboratory technicians, including ensuring their professional development and accreditation and scheduling staff rosters performing year-round shift work;
- maintenance of stock/inventory/waste disposal, calibration and repair of laboratory equipment and ensuring high standards of laboratory hygiene and housekeeping;
- analysis of juice, wine and wine concentrate;
- ensuring compliance with WHS policies and Safe Operating Procedures.
Experience in the development, validation and maintenance of laboratory operations, within budget and in compliance with legislative requirements and quality standards, is essential. The successful applicant must be able to lead a service centric team to work collaboratively with open communication and in accordance with AVL’s Vision and Values. An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful applicant.
To apply, please visit our Career’s website – only applications received via this website will be reviewed: http://careers.australianvintage.com.au/
Applications close Monday, September 24, 2018