Katnook Estate is a member of the Wingara group which in turn is owned by the Freixenet (Spain) group.
Katnook, one of Coonawarra’s leading labels with vineyards located in the heart of the famous Terra Rossa strip, produces a range of wines under the Katnook label that have achieved an enviable record of show success and critical review.
Katnook Estate is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced assistant winemaker to join our small dedicated team based in Coonawarra.
- Preferably Degree in Oenology from a University offering a recognised Oenology and Viticulture course.
- Several years of ‘hands on’ red and white winemaking experience.
- A track record of making quality wines.
- A sound understanding of viticulture.
- Experience managing a winemaking and cellar team.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and social skills
- Appropriate computer skills.
- Australian residency or valid Australian work permits
- Planning and managing all phases of wine production from harvest through to bottling and packaging.
- Continuous improvement of the quality of all wines.
- Planning and managing the work programs for the cellar.
- Planning and managing the ongoing training and development of the winemaking and cellar team.
- Liaising with the Katnook Estate viticulturist to optimise vineyard practice to ensure grape quality is appropriate for each wine style.
- Ensuring legislative and policy compliance in WH&S and EPA as well as wine industry regulations.
- Maintain & oversee the accurate keeping of winemaking records.
This position would commence in July 2018.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email, email@example.com