We have a unique and exciting opportunity to work as Global Sales Manager with a small, highly skilled and dedicated team within a well-established and progressive, family owned and operated wine company.
Your key focus will be to build, foster and manage strong business partnerships with distributors, key accounts and retailers both nationally and internationally.
We are looking for a true leader, a people person. Someone who demonstrates a clear ability to build and nurture relationships who can motivate and drive the domestic and export sales function to achieve results.
A strong combination of business planning, budgeting, business development, and relationship management is key to being successful in this role.
Burge Family Wine Estates incorporates the premium wine brands of Corryton Burge, Barossa Boy, Amelia Burge and our cellar door Underground Barossa. The business draws on a rich heritage and history of crafting premium wines, with a keen eye to grow into the future.
About the Role
While no two days are the same, your key responsibilities will include:
- Work strategically alongside owners, directors, plus winemaking, production and marketing teams to formulate market research and analysis to drive sales
- Lead, nurture and build relationships with a small, established team of sales professionals
- Provide timely financial, board and annual reporting including analysis of recent sales initiatives, budgets, achievements and ROI
- Liaise with relevant industry and trade bodies, and attend /exhibit at trade shows and industry events to enhance market position and brand awareness
- In junction with the marketing team, formulate and manage the execution of brand plans, product development, events and partnerships
- Develop and execute domestic and international sales strategy
- Identify opportunities to expand into new channels, regions and markets.
- Lead department meetings and manage associated preparation and reporting
- A proven background in sales is essential and wine industry experience is a must
- Proven record of successful sales experience, including direct sales, channel building and distributor management.
- Proven experience developing & executing a sales strategy
- Able to be part of the leadership team and understand broader business goals, whilst also driving the sales agenda
- An inspiring leader, coach and mentor with excellent people development skills
- A strategic and solutions-focused manager with an excellent understanding of how to successfully achieve KPIs
- Pro-active, driven, results-based performer not afraid to work cross functionally
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong, long-lasting relationships
- Demonstrate excellence, integrity and authenticity in all interactions
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales professional to showcase their expertise and join a team of wine professionals.
Salary package to be negotiated with the successful candidate and will be commensurate with experience.
For further enquiries please contact Melanie – HR Business Partner at email@example.com or (08) 8563 7557