- Well established and respected wine brand
- Rare opportunity in the wine industry
- Flexible location
Our client is an Australian family-owned and run company with a heritage of over 80 years and three generations, with a diverse portfolio that includes this wine business.
The opportunity exists for an astute wine and business professional to take on the role of Wine Business Manager, reporting directly to The General Manager you will oversee and directly manage the promotion, distribution, production, sales and administration of the wine business.
- Leading, mentoring and motivating our dedicated staff to ensure continued high standards of business excellence and positive workplace culture and business image.
- Appropriate organizational structuring and succession planning to ensure business continuity.
- Ensuring active and effective communication between senior management, wine-making team, sales team and administration team.
- Developing and implementing strategies to achieve efficiencies, increase sales and improve margins.
- Oversight of stock control management.
- Directly manage, motivate and monitor the performance of the Sales Manager and sales team and the development of weekly, monthly and annual sales targets and the overall sales strategy and plan.
- Ensuring bench-marking of wines is conducted with appropriate regularity.
- Ensuring brand message is effectively communicated and reinforced to staff and customers.
- Preparing annual written distribution strategy in conjunction with the sales team for including marketing, advertising and promotional planning.
- Preparing annual production and sales budgets in conjunction with Wine-maker, Business Manager (sales) and General Manager.
- Providing advice on pricing, packaging and production requirements.
- Identifying and communicating opportunities for business growth.
- Liaise with the Winemaker to develop wine styles and winery production volumes.
• Excellent communication skills to engage and connect with staff and management to enhance performance and overall business results.
• 10+ years wine industry experience.
• A sound understanding of the business costs associated with wholesalers, warehousing, sales staff, rebates and promotions and the ability to develop strategies to ensure each sale achieves its full potential profit.
• The role will require leadership skills, staff supervision will include: Winemaker and Cellar staff, Administration and Cellar Door team, Sales Manager and Sales team.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated which will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume in Word format to email@example.com and/or contact Richard Broughton on 02 9223 9944.