ABOUT THE BUSINESS & ROLE
We are a local alcohol beverage manufacturer, importer and distributor with a proud family history. We have a modern bottling facility located in Laverton North where we blend and bottle our award-winning spirits.
We are looking for a "hands-on" Bottling & Packaging Supervisor who has 2-3 years’ experience to set up and coordinate the smooth and efficient production of our bottling line.
It will suit someone who lives in the western suburbs and values a workplace that has a great culture, work/life balance and location over salary expectations.
The working hours are 7.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. This is a salaried position which means you may be required to work additional reasonable hours in response to the needs of the Company, of which the salary has been determined by.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set-up the bottling line equipment and ensure dry goods are available throughout the run
- Ensure that all products are manufactured on time and in line with product specifications
- Operate equipment safely and effectively for production processing
- Manage and schedule production employees on shift
- Assist with stacking of bottles onto bottling line, packing of bottles into cartons and packing of cartons onto pallets
- Undertake manual handling and some heavy (assisted) lifting of products
- Complete Production Paperwork including regular QA checks to a high standard
- Work under the guidance of Operations Manager to perform and complete the assigned duties in timely manner
- Operate forklift to transfer dry goods into bottling hall and finished goods to warehouse
- Complete Equipment Maintenance Program to schedule
- Identify and report unsafe operations to Operations Manager immediately
- Assist with continuous improvement initiatives to optimise equipment efficiency and quality output
- Maintain the work area clean, safe and organised including contributing to waste management
- Other adhoc duties as requested including assisting with warehouse operations if required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bottling line experience in beverage manufacturing
- Current Forklift Licence (LF) and Drivers Licence
- Advanced problem solving and fault-finding abilities
- Reliable and strong work ethic
- Computer literate (Excel & Outlook) – Ezy Wine Program advantageous
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Above all, a "can-do" and positive attitude
The successful applicant may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment and police check at the Company's cost.
JOB BENEFITS AND PERKS
Management encourages a great team culture by offering full-time staff a monthly wine allowance, monthly staff BBQs, monthly massages and quarterly appreciation dinners just to name a few.
Short-listed applicants will be contacted for a phone interview first. To be considered you must hold full working rights in Australia.
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org