We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our company, overseeing a group of winery clients from home.
This small private firm provides financial, accounting, production and administration services to the wine industry. Our key roles include budget preparation and analysis, cash flow forecasting, production planning, and cost analysis.
This role will provide bookkeeping support to the Management Accountant and Director to assist winery clients in accounts payable, invoicing, administration and reporting.
The role is home based, with regular trips to Baldivis and Perth to liaise with other employees.
Key tasks include:
- Use of Xero and Quickbooks for invoicing, accounts payable and end of month journals to assist the Management Accountant in producing monthly reports according to company deadlines.
- Perform daily functions including cash reconciliations, email management and ad hoc queries.
- Manage client information and records.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with all staff and customers.
- Assist the Management Accountant in maintaining excel spreadsheets that use Xero and Quickbooks as the source data; specifically A/P and A/R tracking.
- Collaborate with finance and operational teams to ensure the accuracy of invoices and costings - researching and troubleshooting together where necessary.
- Produce, review and process ATO Activity Statements and staff superannuation payments adhering to ATO deadlines and compliance.
- Process payroll, ensuring compliance with federal and state tax laws.
- Calculate, prepare and lodge payroll taxes for group entities.
- Xero and Intuit Quickbooks experience
- 5 years experience as a bookkeeper
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Winery or Vineyard experience desirable
- Inventory experience desirable
Benefits and Perks
Being able to work from home and yet be a part of a team is rare! We're a team that is focused on helping people understand and manage the costs to their business, which always keeps things interesting.