Tomich Woodside Vineyard is situated in the heart of the premium, cool climate of the Adelaide Hills. Tomich Wines produces premium white and red table wines, predominantly from this vineyard, which been in the Tomich family since 1946.
The company and vineyard is managed by Randal Tomich, whose viticultural skills, particularly in vineyard development and soils, are well respected in the industry. With 27 individual blocks planted over 322 acres, we farm with an organic approach.
We are currently seeking a hard working team leader for the position of Assistant Vineyard Manager.
Details of this position
- Organise/supervise staff and contractors daily with the aid of the Vineyard Manager
- Plan daily work programs in advance
- Practical management/supervision of all vineyard operations
- Regular reporting/communication to Vineyard Manager
- Vine management including pruning, training and canopy management
- Monitoring for vine pest & deal with disease issues
- Harvest operations – both mechanical and hand harvesting
- Machinery operations for all common vineyard operations
- Irrigation & trellis monitoring and repairs
- Chemical application and recording processes
- Responsible for care and maintenance of vineyard equipment.
Job and Person Requirements
To be suitable for this position, the following skills are essential:
- Enthusiastic, Hard Working and Self Motivated
- Flexibility with hours and prepared to work in all weather conditions
- Good communication and organisational ability
- Ability to work positively with others in a small team
- High level of experience in the use of machinery and ability to calibrate various implements/machinery
- Practical knowledge of Viticulture
- A proactive approach to Occupational Health & Safety
- Basic computer skills with Word, Outlook and Excel
- Licences or certificates relevant to the industry will be highly regarded.
A salary package will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Jenna at email@example.com, addressing the above criteria.
Only those successful for an interview will be contacted.